Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Book Challenge 2008

I had decided earlier this year to challenge myself to read more as it has always been one of my passions that I don't dedicate enough time to.

So the Goal I set for myself is to read 50 books by the end of 2008.
Here is my list:

January
(1) Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling - (4 Stars)
(2) After the Rice by Wendy French - (4 Stars)
(3) Enchanted by Claire Delacroix - (3 Stars)
February
(4) The World According to Mimi Smartypants by Mimi Smartypants - (5 Stars)
(5) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling - (4 Stars)
(6) The Sea Nymph by Ruth Langan - (4 Stars)
(7) Stolen Dreams by Susan Anderson - (5 Stars)
March
(8) The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory - (4 Stars)
(9) Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella - (4 Stars)
(10) The Bride of Black Douglas by Elaine Coffman - (4 Stars)
(11) Out of the madhouse (the gatekeeper trilogy Book 1) by Christopher Golden - (4 Stars)
(12) A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess - (4 Stars)
April
(13) Killer Cults: Shocking True Stories of the Most Dangerous Cults In History by James J. Boyle - (3 Stars)
May
June
(14) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - (3 Stars)
(15) Journey To The Centre Of The Earth by Jules Verne - (4 Stars)
July
(16) Pompeii by Robert Harris - (4 Stars)
(17) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - (5 Stars)
(18) The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde By Robert Louis Stevenson (3 Stars)
(19) The Island Of Dr. Moreau By H. G. Wells - (4 Stars)
(20) The Last Lecture By Randy Pausch - (5 Stars)
(21) The Phantom Of The Opera By Gaston Leroux - (4 Stars)
(22) Twilight (Twilight Series, Book 1) By Stephenie Meyer - (5 Stars)
(23) New Moon (Twilight Series, Book 2) By Stephenie Meyer - (4 Stars)
August
(24) Eclipse (Twilight Series, Book 3) By Stephenie Meyer - (5 Stars)
(25) Breaking Dawn (Twilight Series, Book 4) By Stephenie Meyer - (4 Stars)
(26) Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Book 1) By Laurell K. Hamilton - (4 Stars)
(27) Ghost Roads (The Gatekeeper Trilogy Book 2) By Christopher Golden - (4 Stars)
(28) The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1) By Stephen King - (4 Stars)
(29) The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Book 2) By Laurell K. Hamilton - (4 Stars)
September
(30) The Pirate and the Pagan By Virginia Henley - (4 Stars)
(31) Tender is the Knight By Jackie Ivie - (4 Stars)
(32) Circus of The Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Book 3) By Laurell K. Hamilton - (5 Stars)
(33) Lion's Bride By Iris Johansen - (5 Stars)
October
(34) Knight's Fork By Rowena Cherry - (4 Stars)
(35) Beloved Embrace By Cassie Edwards - (3 Stars)
(36) Master of Surrender By Karin Tabke - (5 Stars)
(37) I am Legend By Richard Matheson - (4 Stars)
(38) Wuthering Heights By Emily Bronte - (3 Stars)
November
(39) The Subtle Knife By Philip Pullman - (4 Stars)
(40) Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 1) By J.R. Ward - (5 Stars)
(41) Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 2) By J.R. Ward - (5 Stars)
(42) Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 3) By J.R. Ward - (5 Stars)
(43) Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 4) By J.R. Ward - (4 Stars)
December
(44) Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5) By J.R. Ward - (5 Stars)
(45) Nineteen Eighty-Four By George Orwell - (4 Stars)
(46) Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 6) By J.R. Ward - (5 Stars)
(47) Viking Warrior By Connie Mason - (3 Stars)
(48) Midnight Sun (Twilight Series, Book 5) (partial draft) By Stephenie Meyer - (5 Stars)
(49) Pride and Prejudice By Jane Austen - (5 Stars)
(50) The Princess Bride By William Goldman - (4 Stars)

I completed my goal of 50 books on Dec 31 '08 at 1:30 pm. cutting it a little close :0)
I read a total of 18,468 pages.
I'm setting a new goal for myself for 2009.
Happy New Year!!!

9 comments:

Stubee said...

Have you given up? The last entry was in August!

Slayermel said...

No have not given up. I've just been really bad for updating my list. Thanks for the reminder ;op

I'm sooo close to my goal!

Old Hippy said...

Go Mel go!

Stubee said...

I'm on my 50th book at the moment I do hope I finish it before the 31st! Good luck :-)

Slayermel said...

Thanks I'm going to need it, it's getting down to crunch time, Yikes!

Stubee said...

You need to find the smallest books on your bookshelf and read those :-)

Slayermel said...

Great advice !!!
I'm almost done #48 I'll find 2 shorter novels for the last two :0)

Stubee said...

Congratulations on making 50!!! :-)

Slayermel said...

Thanks :0)